By Lawrence Oyibo
The Delta State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has expelled one Mr. Emakpor Odogu, informing members of the party and unsuspecting public to desist further dealings with him as regards party activities.
The expulsion was arrived after Odogu was found culpable of what the party described as grave allegations levelled against him.
The party in a statement announcing his expulsion, listed actions and practices by the ex-party members considered unethical to the Party’s Constitution.
According to the State Publicity Secretary (Caretaker), Sylvester Imonina, Esq., who announced the party’s decision, said;
“The All Progressives Congress (APC) Delta State, received reports from Emede Ward 5, and Isoko South Local Government Working Committee of our great Party wherein serious allegations were levelled against Mr. Emakpor Odogu whose name appears as No. 2 in the Party’s register in Unit 2, Emede Ward 5. The grave allegations against him are but not limited to the followings:
1. Using the name of the State Chairman to collect huge sums of money from unsuspecting members of the Party.
2. Creating fraction and disaffection amongst members of the Party.
3. Insubordination and disobedience to lawful directives of the Party.
4. Causing disunity amongst members of the Party in Emede Ward 5 and Isoko South chapter of the Party because of his ulterior and insidious motives.
5. Carrying out activities that are inimical to the progress, and the name of the Party.
6. Using himself as a purveyor and instrument of disaffection amongst the leadership of the Party in Isoko South.
The State Caretaker Committee of the Party, having considered the reports and grave allegations against Mr. Emakpor Odogu, hereby expel him forthwith from the Party in line with Article 21 of the Party’s Constitution. Members of the Party and the general public are therefore advised not to have any dealing with him in respect of the Party and/ or any of its activities.“