30 candidates have been approved as Senior Advocates of Nigeria (SAN) raising the number of lawyers so far decorated as SAN to 481 since 1975.
Prominent on the list is Lagos lawyer, Festus Keyamo, the Director-General of the Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, six academics, one female, Mrs Oluwatoyin Ajoke Bahorun and other practising lawyers.
Also approved were the Attorney-General of Kwara State, Mr Lamaldeen Adeyemi Ajibade and a former DG of the National Copyrights Commission, Professor Adebambo Adewopo.
Also, the younger brother to Nigeria Acting President, Akinlolu Oluyinka Osinbajo made the sacred list.
156 lawyers applied, 72 were shortlisted and only 30 were approved by the NJC.
The conferring authority, the Legal Practitioners’ Privileges Committee (LPPC) took the decision at its 127th General Meeting held in Abuja.
The Chief Registrar of the Supreme Court and Secretary to the LPPC, Hadizatu Uwani Mustapha, announced this at a press conference in Abuja.
She said the 30 SAN designates would be conferred with the rank at a on September 18.
Full list below
- Chibuike Adindu Nwanne Nwokeukwu
2. Johnnie Nnaemeka Egwuonwu
3. Bert Chukwuneta Igwilo
4. Sylvester Emenike Elema
5. Ikenna Victor Egbuna
6. Wilcox Achace Abereton
7. Michael Abayomi Bisade Alliyu
8. Akinlolu Oluyinka Osinbajo
9. Francis Forum Egele
10. Prof. Enefiok Effiong Essien
11. Prof. Sadiq Sylvester Shikyl
12. Prof. Adebambo Anthony Adewopo
13. Prof. Adedeji Olusegun Adekunle
14. Olusola Alex Oke
15 Nasser Abdu Dangiri
16. Oluwatoyin Ajoke Bashorun
17. Emeka Peter Okpoko
18. Sanni Hussani Garun-Gabbas
19. Abdul Atadoga Ibrahim
20. John Olusegun Odubela
21. Gboyega Sanmi Oyewole
22. Joshua Yusuf Musa
23. Ibrahim Sanni Mohammed
24. Festus Egwarewa Keyamo
25 Ekemejero Ohwovoriole
26. Oyetola Oshobi
27. Sulaiman Usman
28. Kehinde Olamide Ogunwunmiju
29. Chiesonu Igbojamuike Okpoko
30. Kamaldeen Adeyemi Ajibade