The Delta Chapter of the All progressives Congress, APC has described the allegations raised by the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP in the state against the APC of plans to disrupt and rig Saturday’s Gubernatorial and House of Assembly Polls as ludicrous, spurious and laced with tissues of lies.
Delta APC in a response to the allegations raised by the PDP, submitted that, PDP in Delta State is now suffering from Political Migraine which has orchestrated the blame game and false alarm raised by the Director General, Delta State PDP Campaign Organization, Hon. Funkekeme Solomon.
In a Press Statement issued by the Delta State APC and signed by its Publicity Secretary, Barr. Ogheneluemu Sylvester Imonina, stressed that, the Press Release by the PDP is a ruse and subterfuge to divert attention from the nefarious and evil plans of Delta State PDP towards the Governorship and House of Assembly elections on March 9, 2019.
Read the press statement as obtained by ASABA METRO;
RE: APC PLANNING TO USE EX-MILITANTS DRESSED IN MILITARY UNIFORMS TO CAUSE MAYHEM, DISRUPT MARCH 9, ELECTIONS- DELTA STATE PDP IS NOW SUFFERING FROM POLITICAL MIGRAINE.
The attention of All Progressives Congress, Delta State have been drawn to a Press Release with the above caption. We state unequivocally that the said Press Release by one Hon. Funkekeme Solomon is ludicrous, spurious and laced with tissues of lies, and same should be treated with levity by Deltans.
For the avoidance of doubt, APC is a responsible and responsive political Party with human feelings and respect for the will of the common people, unlike PDP whose name is synonymous with thuggerism, political, social and economic underdevelopment.
It is a known fact that the much touted “prosperity for all Deltans” of pdp led government in Delta State/Sen. Ifeanyi Okowa is now “poverty for all Deltans” because of anti-people policies of pdp government in the State, occasioned by the spirit of lootocracy/kleptomania that have enveloped pdp political players.
PDP recent vituperation on APC could be likened to political migraine, popularly known as “ebbar” in Isoko language. Ebbar is a serious migraine that makes a victim of it to talk and behave in a manner depicts of someone who is at the verge of going mad.
It is very clear to discerning minds that the spurious and unfounded allegations of pdp in the said Press Release is a ruse and subterfuge to divert attention from the nefarious and evil plans of Delta State pdp towards 9th of March 2019 Governorship and House of Assembly elections in Delta State.
Deltans should be wary of pdp cry of wolves were none exist. Rather, Deltans should ask pdp how results from Patani, Bomadi, Burutu and part of Warri South-West LGAs, located in the creeks of Delta State, a scarcely populated areas, came about, and plentier than results from the densely populated eight LGAs of Delta Central Senatorial Zones and Warri South combined!
APC had it on impeccable authority that the materials meant for elections on the 23rd of February, 2019, in the above mentioned LGAs in the creeks were hijacked and taken to a militants’ camp around Ayakoromo in Burutu LGA, where there was mass thumbprint of same by militants, under the supervision of pdp. With the help of pdp cronies in INEC, results were manufactured from the the pdp coup d’etat.
Now, coming to pdp spurious allegations against APC and her leader, it is strange to note that pdp failed to mention the Followings:
1) The location where military uniforms were be sewed for militants.
2) The location where ex-militants and or thugs are camped and or kept by APC!
3) Naming those pdp members marked for arrest or to be placed under forced house arrest.
Deltans, with all sense of responsibility, APC as a responsible Party does not believe and/ or engage in those nefarious old faction pdp known ways of rigging elections. APC believes in “one man, one Vote” but pdp and her rigging machines are afraid of this, hence, this unnecessary political mudslinging.
However, we want to state that with the help of God and the resolve of the good people of Delta State, yearning for positive change, the anathemic pdp shall be consigned and thrown into an abyss of no return.
DELTANS, ARISE AND SHOW PDP LED GOVERNMENT THAT DELTA STATE BELONGS TO ALL, NOT A FEW KLEPTOMANIAC IN POWER IN DELTA STATE.
Earlier, the Director, DELTA STATE PDP CAMPAIGN ORGANIZATION, Hon. Funkekeme Solomon had on Tuesday, March 5, 2019 in Press Release, alleged that Delta APC has concluded plans to unleash mayhem during Saturday’s election.
The Press Release, captioned, “APC PLANNING TO USE EX-MILITANTS DRESSED IN MILITARY UNIFORMS TO CAUSE MAYHEM, DISRUPT MARCH 9, ELECTIONS”, reads in part.
The Delta State Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has received impeccable Information that the All Progressives Congress, APC, in its hell bent, do-or-die efforts to capture Delta State at all costs, and enslave Deltans with a wicked and confused APC government, has set a dangerous plan in motion to mobilize a large number of ex- militants, move them into a concealed location, provide them with military uniforms, arm them with weapons and filter them into specific areas of Delta State during the March 9, 2019 Governorship and State House of Assembly elections
We have been informed that these ex-militants, when fully dressed as military personnel and armed with weapons, will now be deployed and filtered into PDP strongholds, particularly in the Riverine areas where they are familiar with the terrain and in places like Delta North which is easy to navigate, with strict instructions to perform the following dirty actions;
- To psychologically disorganize the PDP members in the identified areas by arresting and/or placing key members of His Excellency, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa’s Cabinet and top PDP officials of the State, under forced house arrest in order to dissolve their resolve, quarantine them to prevent free movement to go and cast their votes and weaken the stronghold of the People’s Democratic Party in those areas.
- To frighten and intimidate innocent citizens who will come out to vote on March 9, harass and brutalize PDP leaders and supporters who eventually make it to the polling centres in order to stop them from voting en masse and deliberately cause mayhem at polling units and collation centres, with the obvious intention to disrupt the electoral process and eventually cause the cancellation of the elections where they know the APC will be defeated heavily.
- To give law abiding citizens and non indigenes residing, especially in Delta Central, the “Lagos Treatment” by Identifying and violently stopping them from voting and destroying electoral materials where voting has actually taken place, just as they shamelessly did in Okota in Lagos state, during the February 23, 2019 Presidential and National Assembly elections
- To ensure that they attack the electoral process to disrupt the activities of INEC officials with the deliberate intention to postpone the State’s election to enable them perfect their rigging arrangements in favour of the APC candidates by deploying more security on the rescheduled date.
Even as we raise this alarm, we have it on good authority that these ex-militants have already been assembled and have been moved into a covert and concealed location where they will be properly debriefed and provided with their uniforms and arms with which to impersonate and then put on standby until the time when they will be driven or ferried to their designated election areas and unleashed on innocent Deltans who are going to perform their civic responsibility.
Our impeccable sources within the APC confirm with certainty that the master-minds behind this devious plan include the APC National Chairman, Ex-Comrade Adams Oshiomole, former Delta State Governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan, who was recently trounced convincingly in the Delta South Senatorial election by the PDP and Chief Great Ogboru, serial loser to PDP, as well as top officials of APC in Abuja and other APC stakeholders in Delta State.
Read the full statement HERE