– The impeachment process occurred as early as 6:am;
– 22 Members signed the Impeachment Notice;
– 21 Members plus the Clerk of the House were present at the sitting;
– The Assembly premises was reported to be cordoned off by Armed personnel (This information is yet to be confirmed);
– The Members moved to the Government House to meet with Governor Okowa just after the Impeachment.
– Delta State House of Assembly workers are in a jubilant mood;
– Activities at the Delta State Government House has been grounded as negotiations are currently on-going;
– The Sitting was presided over by the Deputy Speaker;
– The impeached speaker has been slapped with a three months suspension;
– The Majority Leader, Barr. Tim Ohwofere was also suspended. The Length of the suspension not yet confirmed but reports indicates that he was hammered with an indefinite suspension;
– Hon. Johnson Erijo now Majority leader of Delta State house of Assembly;
– Reasons for the impeachment not yet revealed but might not be so far from the recent face-off between some top members in the House.
Rt. Hon. Friday Osanebi (Ndokwa East); Rt. Hon. Paul Onwusanya (Oshimili South); Hon. Barr. (Princess) Evangelist Pat. Ajudua (Oshimili North); Hon. Angela Nwaka (Aniocha South); Hon (Engr.) Emeka Nwaobi (Aniocha North); Hon. Azuka Azaka (Ndokwa West); Hon. Alphonsus Ojo (Ukwuani); Festus Okoh (Ika South); Anthony Elekeokwuri (Ika North); Micheal Diden (Warri North); Daniel Mayuku (Warri South-West);
Others are, Sheriff Oborevwori (Okpe); Johnson Erijo (Isoko South 2); Hon. (Engr.) Preyor Oboro (Bomadi); Hon. Daniel Yingi (Burutu 1); Hon. Tim Owhefere (Isoko North); Hon. (Prince) Eric Oharisi (Ughelli North 2); Hon. Efe Ofebruku (Uvwie); Hon. Evance Ivwurie (Ethiope East); Hon. Peter Uvejitobor (Udu); Hon. Daubry Kennedy (Burutu 2).
– Cairo Ojougboh kicks against Igbuya’s impeachment says Igbuya’s recent romance with James Ibori triggered the Impeachment Process
– ASABAMETRO can authoritatively report that in the impeachment signatories, the name and signature of the daughter of James Ibori, Hon. Ehritake Ibori was not among those who moved for the process. She was also sighted with the impeached speaker in the premises of the Delta State Governor’s lodge shortly after the impeachment process.
– At the end of the deliberations between Top Political and Party leaders in Delta State, the Executives and Legislators in the State, the Impeachment took a firm stand and Delta State House of Assembly now has a new Speaker.
– The new speaker of the House, Rt. Hon. Sheriff Oborevwori adjourned the House sitting to the 23rd of May 2017.
End of Updates!