All Progressives Congress (APC), Delta State held a critical Stakeholders/Leaders’ meeting yesterday, 3rd of February, 2021 at the State Party’s Secretariat at Anwai/Illah Road, Asaba.
Present at the meeting were Members of Registration Committee, the National Leadership of the Party saddled with the responsibilities of carrying out the membership registration and revalidation exercise in the State. Political creme de la creme of the Party and Party stakeholders who were/are determined to chart a way forward for a hitch free membership registration and revalidation exercise were also on ground.
The Chairman of the Registration and Revalidation Committee from Abuja, His Excellency, Distinguished Sen. Ovie Omo-Agege, the State Chairman APC Caretaker Committee, Prophet Jones Ode Erue and other Party leaders present who spoke to Party Stakeholders and members of the Press, all agreed to work together for the good of the Party.
It was the position of the Chairman of the Registration and Revalidation Committee from Abuja that in line with the Party’s mandate, there shall be:
(1) LGA supervisors for the 25 LGAs in the State.
(2) Ward supervisors in the 270 Wards in the State who shall be in charge of coordination of the exercises at the different Wards.
(3) Polling Units supervisors who shall man the polling Units for the exercise.
(4) Training for the supervisors at different levels, on how to go about the exercise in the area of their assignment. The training shall be centred on the registration guidelines, procedures and requirements for the registration.
(5) There shall be in each polling unit, three unit supervisors who will serve as Registration officers at that level to handle the Party’s registration exercise.
- The requirements for every member and would-be-members who intend to register in the Party are:
(a) Intending members and every member should go to his/her unit in person with three passports photographs.
(b) Also, intending members and members should visit their polling units with their voters’ cards as an evidence to show that the polling unit visited is where they vote from time to time.
(7) The registration and revalidation exercise begins on 9th of February to 23rd of February, 2021.
(8) There will be no membership registration by proxy.
(9)The registration and revalidation exercise shall be conducted strictly in line with COVID-19 protocols.
It is the position of the Party that nobody should be deprived of revalidation of his membership on the ground of political leaning or any other primordial political sentiments. The Party urges faithful to go out and be good political Apostles of the Party for the purpose of populating membership of our great Party for the good of all.
Sylvester Imonina, Esq.,
Publicity Secretary (Caretaker) Delta State.
4th of February, 2021.