Tottenham Hotspurs moved up to third place as headers from Dele Alli either side of half-time made the difference to leave Chelsea five points ahead of Liverpool in second place in a game played at the White Hart Lane on January 4th, 2016.
Dele Alli scored twice for the third Spurs game in succession, converting Christian Eriksen crosses either side of half-time as Antonio Conte’s league leaders tasted defeat for the first time since September.
Tottenham’s stirring 2-0 derby victory over Chelsea, halts the Blues record-equalling Premier League winning run of 13 matches.
The Standing Records
- Chelsea have not won at White Hart Lane since a 4-2 victory in October 2012 (drawing two and losing two since).
- Tottenham are unbeaten at White Hart Lane this season, winning eight and drawing two; their longest unbeaten start to a Premier League season at home since 2000-01 (13 games).
- Spurs haven’t lost a Premier League London derby at White Hart Lane under Mauricio Pochettino (winning eight and drawing four).
- Tottenham scored with their only two shots on target in this match.
- Dele Alli has equalled his 2015-16 goal tally (10). He has managed to do this in 19 appearances this season, compared to 33 last season.
- Spurs have never lost a Premier League match that Alli has scored in (16 games – winning 12, drawing four).
- The only midfielders to reach 20 Premier League goals quicker than Alli (52 games) are Rafael van der Vaart (44) and Matt Le Tissier (50)
- This was only the fourth occasion this season in the Premier League where Diego Costa has failed to produce a goal or an assist.