The Delta State Government on Wednesday, November 20, 2019, made some resolutions at the State Executive Council Meeting.
They include the following decisions:
1. The Executive Council approved the construction of the storm-water drainage projects along Ogwashi-Uku /Ubulu-Unor. This project is aimed at controlling erosion in that particular corridor.
2. The Executive Council approved the construction of a township road in Benekuku, Warri South-West Local Gocernment Area of the State.
3. The Executive Council also approved the renaming of the Directorate of Youth Affairs to the Ministry of Youth Development.
This is in-line with Governor Okowa’s youth-centered reformation agenda, which is aimed at proving more opportunities for young people.
4. The Executive Council approved the construction of 8 new technical schools. This approval is in-line with Governor Okowa’s campaign promise to construct 19 technical schools across the state.
5. The Executive Council approved the extension of retention periods for the construction of road projects from one-year to two-years.
According to Exco, this will ensure that all road projects will be subjected to a test of two raining seasons before the 5% retention fee is paid to contractors.