“For Betrayal, Treachery and Unruly Behaviour”, Idumu-Ozei Community in Igbodo Kingdom sacks Ifeoha Azikiwe as Odogwu and their Representative in Obi-in-Council
…fines him 7 live goats, cartons of alcoholic drinks, others.
Having established facts of gross betrayal of the interest of his kindreds, the Izu-Ogbe of Idumu-Ozei Village and Idumu-Ozei Development Union in Igbodo Kingdom, Ika North East local government area, has removed and dethroned, Chief Donatus Ifeoha Azikiwe as the Odogwu and representative of the village in the Obi-in-Council of Igbodo Kingdom.
Furthermore, the dethroned Donatus Ifeoha Azikiwe was also fined seven (7) live goats, seven (7) cartons of beer and a bowl of Kolanuts his unruly behaviour, treachery and betrayal of trust.
These were contained in a resolution by the good people of Idumu-Ozei at their Conference held on 2nd July 2022, where glaring evidences and proofs of betrayal, treachery and unruly behaviour against the sacked Odogwu were made, who vividly conspired against the development and progress of the community and also misled the traditional ruler of the Kingdom, HRH Obi Nkeobikwu Ikechukwu Osedume 1 were made.
According to a statement made public by Idumu-Ozei Development Union, the brazen disrespect began on October 2, 2021, when the quarter applied “to the Chairman of Ika North East Local Government Council for allocation of a parcel of the Council’s land in Idumu-Ozei to enable Idumu-Ozei village to build its Community and Event Centre” which Donatus Ifeoha Azikiwe, the dethroned Odogwu thereafter, betrayed, worked against the resolution he was part of, disrespected and insulted Idumuozei”.
Detailed events as contained in the statement dated 30th July, 2022 and co-signed by Pastor Uzoma Okechukwu, President General; Uzor Iduh, General Secretary and Diokpa Emmanuel Obioji Chiemeke, Ogene of Idumu-Ozei, and obtained by this medium, is reproduced below.
FORMAL NOTICE OF YOUR REMOVAL AS THE ODOGWU OF IGBODO AND
REPRESENTATIVE OF IDUMU-OZEI VILLAGE IN THE OBI-IN-COUNCIL
We refer to Idumu-Ozei’s letter to you, referenced as IDU/CEC/05/20 and dated 20th May 2022, and write further to the resolutions of the Conference of the People of Idumu-Ozei held on 2nd July 2022, at Ikpekwu Primary School Idumu-Ozei in Igbodo (the Conference).
You were physically present at the Conference and the details of the allegations stated in the letter of 20th May 2022, were explained to you. In response, you adopted the contents of your letter of twenty-six (26) pages, dated 27th May 2022 and addressed to the President General of Idumu-Ozei Development Union, as your defence to the allegations against you. Your said letter was read out in your presence to all the Idumu-Ozei People present at the Conference.
As you know, the People of Idumu-Ozei in the Conference examined in detail, your defence to the allegations against you and found the allegations established that you deliberately worked against the peace, progress and development of Idumu-Ozei.
The Conference found as proven the following facts:
(1) That although you were present and part of the resolution by the Conference of the People of Idumu-Ozei held on 2nd October 2021, to apply to the Chairman of Ika North East Local Government Council for allocation of a parcel of the Council’s land in Idumu-Ozei to enable Idumu-Ozei village to build its Community and Event Centre; you thereafter, betrayed, worked against the resolution, disrespected and insulted Idumu-Ozei, by surreptitiously misleading HRH Ikechukwu Nkeobikwu Osedume l, to work against the interest of Idumu-Ozei, by requesting the Chairman of Ika North East Local Government Council to withhold his earlier approval.
(2) That by your admission in your letter/defence and severally, you admitted that you got HRH Ikechukwu Nkeobikwu Osadume l, the Obi of Igbodo to work against the interest of Idumu-Ozei, by requesting the Chairman of Ika North-East Local Government Council, to withhold his earlier approval. Your earlier vehement denial of ever liaising with HRH Ikechukwu Nkeobikwu Osadume l, on this issue, until it was confirmed to Idumu-Ozei that you did so, by HRH Ikechukwu Nkeobikwu Osedume l, is another proof that you are not a man of integrity and therefore, cannot be trusted.
(3) You have on page 18 of your letter/defence admitted that the land Idumu-Ozei applied for is owned by Ika North East Local Government Council, whose chairman had indicated approval and marked out part of it for Idumu-Ozei to build its Community Hall and Event Centre. Idumu-Ozei People do not therefore, understand why you have chosen to “cry more than the bereaved”.
(4) That the Izu-Ogbe of Idumu-Ozei held on 24th March 2022, and presided by Diokpa Emmanuel Obioji Chiemeke, gave you a one week ultimatum to contact and get the Chairman of Ika North East Local Government Council to reaffirm his approval for the allocation of part of the Council’s land in Idumu-Ozei; for Idumu-Ozei to build its Community Hall and Event Centre, which one week elapsed without you taking any action to achieve the objective of the ultimatum.
(5) That in sympathy to you and the entire Azikiwe family for the accidental loss of your younger step-brother’s wife, the Conference of the People of Idumu-Ozei gave you an extra one week from -the date of receipt of its Union’s letter to you, to contact and get the Chairman, Ika North East Local Government Council, to reaffirm his approval for allocation of part of the Council’s land in Idumu-Ozei; for Idumu-Ozei to build its Community Hall and Event Centre, which one week again lapsed on 27 th May 2022, without you taking any action to achieve the objective of the ultimatum.
(6) That you arrogantly and disrespectfully rebuffed every attempt by Idumu-Ozei, to have you and HRH Ikechukwu Nkeobikwu Osedume l, the Obi of Igbodo to amicably resolve the matter by reaching out to the Chairman of Ika North East Local Government Council.
(7) That your attitude and utterances within and outside the Palace of the Obi, HRH Ikechukwu Nkeobikwu Osedume l, on this and related issues; and since you were made the Odogwu of Igbodo, have been insulting, condescending, embarrassing and undermining of IdumuOzei.
(8) That you do not have any respect for the Ogene and the Elders of Idumu-Ozei, as you have habitually and unnecessarily shouted at them, shunrfed and disregarded them repeatedly, walked out on Idumu-Ozei People at Izu-Ogbe which our revered Ogene (Diokpa Emmanuel Obioji Chiemeke) presided.
(9) You unreasonably, abominably and unlawfully abused on page 24 and 25 of your letter/defence, the People of Idumu-Ozei, including the current leadership of Idumu-Ozei, under Diokpa Emmanuel Obioji Chiemeke, the Ogene and our Elders, by describing them as “malicious People” and “bereft of reasoning”.
(10) That during the proceedings at the Conference held on 2nd July 2022, at Ikpekwu Primary School, you conducted yourself in a most unruly and ungovernable manner as you physically attacked and threatened any person who addressed the Conference with permission, on the allegations against you; you persistently jumped up to speak without permission and you repeatedly banged on the table of the Executive Committee, threatening the entire People of Idumu-Ozei.
As you also know, the good People of Idumu-Ozei at the Conference on 2nd July 2022, based on the foregoing findings, UNANIMOUSLY AGREED AND RESOLVED:
(1) That you, DONATUS IFEOHA AZIKIWE be and is by the resolution REMOVED and DETHRONED as the Odogwu of Igbodo and Representative of Idumu-Ozei at the Obi-in-Council of Igbodo with immediate effect.
(2) That all the People of Idumu-Ozei, with effect from the date (2nd July 2022)- Of the Conference, cease to recognize you as the Odogwu of Igbodo and their Representative in the Obi-in-Council of Igbodo.
(3) That for your unruly behaviour, treachery, betrayal, lies, working against the interest of Idumu-Ozei and abominable conducts before and during the Conference and to appease MOZEI, the founder of IdumuOzei, the land of Idumu-Ozei, the past and the current Ogene and Elders, you shall pay a fine of seven (7) live goats, seven (7) cartons of Beer and a bowl of kolanuts. It was further resolved, that until you fully settle this fine of seven (7) live goats, seven (7) cartons of Beer and a bowl of kolanuts, you are suspended forthwith from attending any meeting of -Izu-Ogbe, the Conference of the People of Idumu-Ozei and any other meetings convened by Idumu-Ozei, or on its behalf.
YOU should strictly adhere to the RESOLUTIONS of the entire People of IdumuOzei, as set out in this letter. YOU should note that any default by you will not be taken lightly and will attract to you further and severe sanctions.
With the assurances of our regards to you as a person, we remain yours truly in the service of Idumu-Ozei.